G’day, mate! Let’s take a trip to Australia’s favourite playground – the sunny Gold Coast! Renowned for its endless summer vibes, the Gold Coast is an absolute bonzer pick for a family holiday. With 57 kilometres of pristine beaches, world-class theme parks, and a buzzing food scene, it’s no wonder families keep coming back year after year.
The Gold Coast isn’t just about its sparkling shoreline, although that’s a pretty good start! The glittering high-rises lining the beachfront are a sight to behold, while the lush, green hinterland offers a serene escape from the city bustle. And let’s not forget the theme parks – from the thrilling rides of Dreamworld to the slippery slides of Wet’n’Wild, there’s fun to be had for the young and the young-at-heart.
Whether you’re an adventure-loving family ready to surf the world-famous waves, or a relaxed crew looking to soak up the sun, sand, and laid-back culture, the Gold Coast has got you covered. So, let’s dive in, shall we? We’re about to explore the top family-friendly accommodations that make this vibrant corner of Queensland a true gem for a family holiday. Let’s get this show on the road, or better yet, the sand!
From Beachfront Resorts to Hinterland Hideaways: Gold Coast’s Top Family-friendly Accommodations
1. Paradise Resort
Paradise Resort, often referred to as ‘heaven for kids and paradise for parents’, is a high-energy resort designed with kids in mind. Located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, this resort boasts a giant Z4K Water Park, an Adventure Playground, and even a Kids Club for different age groups. This place promises endless entertainment for the whole family, allowing adults some relaxation time while the kiddos run wild.
2. Sea World Resort
Sharing its location with one of the Gold Coast’s most loved attractions, Sea World Resort provides exclusive benefits like early entry and discounted tickets to the park. The resort itself features a spectacular Water Play area equipped with a sandy beach and pools. Your little ones will be thrilled with the Nickelodeon-themed rooms and live character shows at dinner time.
3. Turtle Beach Resort
This award-winning family resort is nestled in the heart of Mermaid Beach. It offers a unique range of accommodation, with fully self-contained one, two, and three-bedroom apartments surrounding a 4.5-star landscaped tropical holiday resort. Facilities include four separate swimming areas, a putt-putt golf course, and a Club Turtle Kids Club designed to entertain the kids while parents unwind.
4. Q1 Resort and Spa
Soaring above the ocean skyline, Q1 Resort and Spa offers an unmatched resort experience. This iconic structure provides spacious one, two, and three-bedroom apartments, ideal for families. The kids will love the two lagoon-style swimming pools, while parents can indulge in the award-winning day spa. It’s also within walking distance of the beach and an array of dining and entertainment options in Surfers Paradise.
5. NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Resort
Situated on the sunny Gold Coast, this resort provides a range of accommodation options including holiday units, villas, and modern waterfront cabins. The fun never stops here, with facilities such as a water park, jumping pillow, mini-golf course, and kids’ club. Plus, it’s conveniently located just 15 minutes north of Surfers Paradise, making it a perfect base to explore the broader Gold Coast area.
6. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Set amidst lush tropical gardens, Crowne Plaza offers the whole family a comfortable, relaxed stay. The hotel provides rooms with ocean views and a private balcony to soak in the surroundings. The kids will love the dedicated outdoor play area and children’s pool. What’s more, with its location between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach, it’s an ideal starting point to explore everything the Gold Coast has to offer.
7. InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
Evoking the grandeur of a beautiful Queenslander, this resort is a luxury haven set in the heart of Sanctuary Cove. The signature Lagoon Beach Pool is a hit with kids, while the variety of dining options and elegant accommodation suites cater to adults. You’ll also be close to the Marine Village, home to waterfront restaurants, speciality shops, and a world-class golf course.
8. O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat
For families wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of the Gold Coast, O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat in the Gold Coast Hinterland is a dream come true. It offers eco-friendly villages, mountain villas, and a variety of guided tours. Kids will love the Bird of Prey Show and Wildlife Encounter, and parents will enjoy the Lost World Spa.
9. RACV Royal Pines Resort
This premium resort offers a combination of luxury, recreation, and relaxation. With a 27-hole championship golf course, tennis courts, a variety of restaurants and a newly built water park, there’s something for everyone. The resort also provides a wide range of accommodation options from stylish rooms to family suites.
10. Peppers Broadbeach
This luxury resort embodies sophistication and elegance while offering all the comforts needed for a family holiday. Offering one, two and three-bedroom suites and skyhomes, Peppers Broadbeach boasts stunning views, a private cinema, an outdoor swimming pool and a dedicated children’s playground. Its central location in Broadbeach means you’re just minutes away from local attractions like Pacific Fair Shopping Centre and the Star Gold Coast Casino.
Surf, Sand, and So Much More: The Benefits of Family-friendly Accommodations in the Gold Coast
Fancy a family holiday with endless sandy beaches, glittering skyline views, or the tranquility of the hinterland? Then, the Gold Coast’s family-friendly accommodations are your go-to option! Let’s dig into some of the unique benefits they offer:
- Beach Access: Many accommodations sit just a stone’s throw away from the Gold Coast’s iconic beaches. Wake up to the sound of waves and spend your days building sandcastles or teaching the little ones to catch their first wave.
- Family Packages: Family holidays are a breeze with special packages that include accommodation, meals, and even tickets to local attractions. These all-in-one deals simplify planning and can be quite cost-effective.
- Kids’ Clubs and Childcare: Keep the kids entertained with specialised kids’ clubs that offer fun and educational activities. Some accommodations even offer babysitting services, so the adults can enjoy a bit of downtime.
- Variety of Choices: From opulent resorts to comfortable apartments and caravan parks, there’s an accommodation type to suit every family’s needs and budget.
Grab Your Boardies and Sunnies: Planning Your Family-friendly Gold Coast Adventure
Planning your family holiday on the Gold Coast? Here are a few tips to make sure your trip is a ripper:
- Best Time to Visit: While the Gold Coast is a year-round destination, you may prefer to visit during Australia’s winter months (June-August) for milder temperatures. If water activities are on your agenda, the warmer summer months (December-February) are ideal.
- Packing Essentials:
- Swimwear: You can’t visit the Gold Coast without a dip in the ocean or the pool, so pack your boardies, bikinis, or one-pieces.
- Sun Protection: The Aussie sun can be harsh. Don’t forget to pack sun hats, sunglasses, and a high-SPF sunscreen.
- Casual Wear: The Gold Coast vibe is laid-back and casual, so comfortable clothing is a must.
- Booking Accommodation: Early booking is recommended, especially during school holidays when the Gold Coast is a popular destination. Use trusted travel websites or book directly through the accommodation’s website. Check the cancellation policy before finalising your booking.
Catch Ya Later, from the Glitter Strip: Conclusion
Well, there you have it, mates—your guide to the best family-friendly accommodation options the Gold Coast has to offer. From beachfront resorts where you can practically roll out of bed onto the sand, to peaceful hinterland hideaways, these spots are perfect for making unforgettable family memories.
Remember, every stay offers unique benefits—like unbeatable locations, awesome family packages, and activities that’ll keep the kids (and you!) entertained. So, whether it’s sandcastles and surfing at the beach, or exploring the lush hinterlands, it’s time to start your own Gold Coast adventure. Can’t wait to hear about your experiences. So, until next time, catch ya later!
Share Your Beach Break: Call to Action
Enjoyed the read? Have some Gold Coast tales of your own or a favourite family-friendly accommodation you’d love to recommend? We’d be stoked to hear about it. Share your experiences in the comments below.
And don’t keep this guide all to yourself! Share it with your mates on social media—your friends will thank you when they’re basking in the Gold Coast sunshine.
Want more of the best Aussie travel tips and recommendations? Make sure to subscribe to our blog or newsletter. We’ve got heaps more insights to help you plan your perfect family-friendly holiday Down Under. Now, off you go to plan that Gold Coast getaway!