G’day, adventurous souls! Welcome to the ‘Show-Me State’, Missouri, a hidden gem in the heartland of America that is just waiting to be explored. Known for its rolling hills, dense forests, and winding rivers, this state is a paradise for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. From the bustling city of St. Louis to the serene beauty of the Ozarks, there’s something for everyone in Missouri.
Missouri is a state that wears its heart on its sleeve. It’s a place where small-town charm meets big city excitement, where the rivers run wild and the forests are thick with trees. It’s a state filled with history, culture, and natural beauty that is sure to captivate your heart and leave you yearning for more. Whether you’re an avid hiker, a history buff, or just looking for a relaxing getaway, Missouri has it all.
But the real magic of Missouri lies in its lesser-known treasures – the hidden spots off the beaten path that offer a sense of adventure and a connection with nature that is hard to find elsewhere. And what better way to immerse yourself in the beauty of the Missouri wilderness than by staying in a treehouse? Perched high in the treetops, these unique accommodations offer a bird’s eye view of the world below and a sense of serenity that is hard to beat.
So if you’re ready to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and reconnect with nature, pack your bags and head to Missouri for a treehouse adventure you’ll never forget. It’s time to show yourself what the Show-Me State has to offer!
From Gateway Arch to Tree Arch: Missouri’s Top Treehouse Accommodations
1. River of Life Farm, Dora
River of Life Farm is nestled in the Ozarks along the North Fork River, a haven for water enthusiasts. The luxurious treehouses here offer private decks, fully equipped kitchens, and modern bathrooms. Enjoy activities like hiking, fishing, and canoeing during your stay, or simply relax and soak in the breathtaking river views.
2. Branson Treehouse Adventures, Branson
A stone’s throw from Branson’s famous strip, Branson Treehouse Adventures offers rustic yet modern treehouses and cabins. With fully equipped kitchens, comfortable beds, and private decks, your stay will be comfortable. Take part in on-site activities such as zip-lining, hiking, and fishing, or explore Branson’s entertainment, dining, and shopping venues.
3. The Treehouse on the Little Piney, Newburg
For a secluded and romantic escape, visit The Treehouse on the Little Piney, located on the Little Piney River’s banks. This one-bedroom treehouse offers a cozy interior, a spacious deck with a private hot tub, and a fully equipped kitchen. Activities include fishing, swimming, kayaking, or exploring the nearby Mark Twain National Forest.
4. Treehouse Cabins at River of Life Farm, Dora
Also part of the River of Life Farm, these rustic yet comfortable treehouse cabins offer private decks with stunning Ozark wilderness views, fully equipped kitchens, and comfortable beds. Enjoy the outdoor activities available on the property, or simply relax and soak in the sights and sounds of nature.
5. Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages, Hermann
Experience luxury in the heart of Missouri wine country at Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages. The upscale treehouses feature king-sized beds, gas fireplaces, and private hot tubs with Missouri River views. Enjoy wine tasting at the on-site vineyard, spa treatments at the inn, or explore the charming town of Hermann.
6. The Cottage, Hermann
Located near Hermann Hill, The Cottage is a cozy treehouse that provides an intimate and relaxing experience. It features a full kitchen, luxurious bathroom, and a private deck with a hot tub overlooking the Missouri River. Guests can also enjoy wine tasting at nearby vineyards, exploring the town of Hermann, or hiking in the beautiful surrounding countryside.
7. Tree Loft, Lampe
Tree Loft in Lampe offers a unique and adventurous treehouse experience. Built on stilts and surrounded by trees, this one-bedroom accommodation comes with a cozy interior, full kitchen, and a large deck perfect for stargazing. The property is close to Table Rock Lake, making it ideal for water sports enthusiasts, as well as those looking to hike or bike in the area.
8. Stonewater Cove Resort and Spa, Shell Knob
Stonewater Cove Resort and Spa is a luxury resort located on the shores of Table Rock Lake. The treehouse accommodations here offer the ultimate in luxury with elegant furnishings, spa bathrooms, and private decks with lake views. Guests can enjoy a range of activities including fishing, hiking, zip-lining, or indulging in spa treatments at the resort.
9. The Grand Treehouse Resort, Eureka Springs
Located in the Ozark Mountains, The Grand Treehouse Resort offers luxurious treehouses with modern amenities. Each treehouse features a king-sized bed, Jacuzzi tub, and a large deck with woodland views. Guests can explore the nearby town of Eureka Springs, hike in the Ozark Mountains, or simply relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
10. Lake Lucerne Treehouse, Eureka Springs
Perched on the edge of a private lake, the Lake Lucerne Treehouse offers a romantic and secluded getaway. This two-story treehouse features a king-sized bed, full kitchen, and a deck overlooking the lake. Activities include fishing, canoeing, or hiking in the surrounding woodland. The town of Eureka Springs, with its shops, restaurants, and attractions, is just a short drive away.
Above The Ozarks: The Benefits of Treehouse Accommodations
Staying in a treehouse is not just about finding a place to rest your head; it’s about creating a unique and memorable experience. Here are some of the benefits of choosing a treehouse accommodation in Missouri:
- Connection with Nature: Staying in a treehouse allows you to be surrounded by nature, from the rustling leaves to the chirping birds and the fresh, clean air. It is a great way to unwind and disconnect from the daily stresses of city life.
- Sense of Adventure: Climbing up to your room, being surrounded by trees, and having a bird’s eye view of the world can ignite a sense of adventure. Whether you are looking to hike, fish, or just relax, a treehouse stay can make your trip more exciting.
- Unique Experience: A treehouse stay is not your typical hotel experience. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you will be creating unique memories that will last a lifetime.
Packing for the Canopy: Planning Your Treehouse Adventure
- Best Time to Visit: Missouri has a humid continental climate with cold winters and hot, humid summers. The best time to visit would be during the spring (April to June) or fall (September to November) when the weather is pleasant, and the foliage is beautiful.
- What to Pack: Packing for a treehouse stay is similar to packing for a camping trip. Essentials include comfortable clothing, hiking gear, insect repellent, and a camera to capture the beautiful scenery. Don’t forget a good book and some board games for a cozy night in.
- Booking Your Stay: Treehouse accommodations are becoming more popular, so it is recommended to book your stay well in advance. Consider what type of experience you are looking for, whether it be a romantic getaway, a family-friendly escape, or an adventurous retreat. Read reviews and thoroughly check the amenities provided to ensure it suits your needs.
Goodbye From The Branches: Conclusion
Missouri, with its diverse landscapes, offers the perfect backdrop for a memorable treehouse adventure. Whether you are seeking a romantic escape, a family-friendly retreat, or an adventurous getaway, treehouse accommodations provide a unique and unforgettable experience. As you bid farewell to the branches and descend back to the ground, you’ll carry with you the memories of a lifetime. So, why wait? Start planning your treehouse adventure in the ‘Show-Me State’ today!
Spreading the Leafy Love: Call to Action
Have you ever stayed in a treehouse in Missouri? We would love to hear about your experience! Share your favorite treehouse picks or experiences in the comments below. And if you found this article helpful, don’t forget to spread the leafy love by sharing it on your social media. For more travel insights and suggestions, subscribe to our blog or newsletter. Let’s keep the adventure going!