G’day, mates! Welcome to the land of full-bodied reds, epic surf, and awe-inspiring landscapes – the fabulous Margaret River. This charming gem tucked away in Western Australia is not just a foodie’s paradise, but a wonderful destination that offers a memorable escape for the entire family.
Margaret River is where you can start your day watching the sunrise over a vineyard, and end it with a sunset surf session. It’s home to over 200 wine producers and, let’s not forget, some of the best Chardonnays and Cabernet Sauvignons in the world!
But it’s not all about the grapes – with its pristine beaches perfect for sandcastles and surfing, vast forests filled with unique Aussie fauna and flora, and a year-round mild climate, it’s a family-friendly haven like no other. Whether you’re all about the active outdoors or more inclined to quiet natural beauty, Margaret River is where you’ll find your happy place. And it’s not just the region’s natural charms, but the accommodation options here are something to write home about! So, let’s dive into the fantastic family-friendly accommodations waiting for you in marvelous Margaret River.
From Vineyard Villas to Surfing Lodges: Margaret River’s Top Family-friendly Accommodations
1. Smiths Beach Resort
Perfectly placed on the sparkling white sand of Smiths Beach, this resort is a haven for families. From self-contained beach houses to stylish apartments, the resort caters to families of all sizes. Here, the young ones can participate in kids’ clubs while the grown-ups can indulge in nearby wineries or gourmet dining at the resort’s own Lamont’s restaurant.
2. Riverglen Chalets
Set amidst seven acres of stunning woodland, Riverglen Chalets offer a unique blend of nature and comfort. Each of the 14 self-contained chalets comes with its own BBQ facilities. The tranquil setting is perfect for families looking for a relaxed getaway, while being minutes away from the hubbub of Margaret River town centre.
3. Margarets Beach Resort
Positioned just a stone’s throw away from the beach, this resort offers a unique beachfront experience. With a range of apartments and townhouses, Margarets Beach Resort makes for the perfect home base for families seeking surfing lessons, nature walks, or a tour of the famed Margaret River wineries. The on-site restaurant caters to kids and adults alike.
4. Forest Rise Eco Retreat
Nestled within a 240-acre private estate of native forest, this retreat prioritises seclusion and serenity. Families can choose between luxury chalets and a stunning lodge, all featuring private spas and BBQ facilities. A network of walking trails allows families to explore the stunning nature reserve at their doorstep.
5. Margarets In Town Apartments
Located right in the heart of Margaret River, these apartments offer the best of both worlds. The fully serviced apartments, ranging from one to three bedrooms, provide an ideal base for exploring the town’s bustling markets, eateries, and parks. Plus, the world-class vineyards are just a short drive away.
6. Pullman Bunker Bay Resort
Nestled on the pristine shores of Bunker Bay, this 5-star resort offers direct beach access and spacious villimply a must-visit destination for families seeking a blend of luxury and adventure.
7. Aqua Resort Busselton
Located between the Busselton township and Dunsborough, this beachfront resort caters to families with its range of 1 to 5-bedroom self-contained houses. Each house comes with a private plunge pool and alfresco BBQ area, making it a haven for relaxed family get-togetherness. Plus, the resort’s facilities, such as a tennis court and gym, provide ample entertainment options.
8. Eight Willows Retreat
Set amidst 75 acres of parkland and lakes, this retreat is ideal for families who adore nature. Stay in a deluxe chalet, participate in bird-watching, or explore the native gardens. With the Margaret River Chocolate Factory and other major wineries nearby, it’s an absolute paradise for family fun.
9. Quality Inn Margaret River
This family-friendly inn offers spacious and comfortable rooms nestled in nature, just a stroll away from the Margaret River town. The inn features a playground and mini-golf, making it a hit with kids. Plus, the family dining options at Willow Grill are excellent.
10. Caves House Hotel Yallingup
With a history dating back to 1903, this heritage-listed hotel boasts a mix of tradition and contemporary comfort. The hotel’s stunning gardens, family-friendly rooms, and live music make it a delightful stay. Close to the mystical Ngilgi Cave and Yallingup Beach, it’s a top choice for family adventurers.
Wine Tasting and Wave Catching: The Benefits of Family-friendly Accommodations in Margaret River
For a getaway that’s sure to please every member of the family, Margaret River is a ripper of a choice! Our top picks of family-friendly accommodations here offer a diverse range of unique experiences:
- Vineyard Voyages: Many accommodations are surrounded by world-class wineries. Imagine teaching the kiddos about sustainable farming while savouring some of Australia’s finest wines. For instance, Empire Retreat and Spa and Eight Willows Retreat are nestled in the heart of wine country.
- Surf’s Up: Famous for its awesome waves, Margaret River is a haven for surfing enthusiasts. Accommodations like Margarets Beach Resort and Smiths Beach Resort offer proximity to popular surf beaches and even surfing lessons.
- Into the Wilderness: Discover local flora and fauna in the beautiful walking trails nearby. Let your little explorers get a taste of the Aussie bush, with many accommodations, such as Eight Willows Retreat, situated amidst stunning nature reserves.
- Cave Explorations: Many accommodations are located near the Ngilgi Cave, offering an exciting day out for the family. The Caves House Hotel Yallingup is an excellent option for those looking to delve into the depths of this fascinating limestone cave.
Pack Your Wetsuit: Planning Your Family-friendly Adventure in Margaret River
Planning a trip to Margaret River? Here’s a quick guide to ensure you have an absolute corker of a time:
- Best Time to Visit: For wine lovers, visiting between March and May is ideal when grape harvesting is in full swing. For surfing enthusiasts, the best waves can be caught between March and July.
- What to Pack: Apart from your swimmers and sunscreen, don’t forget your wetsuit for those cool Indian Ocean waves. A good pair of walking shoes for bushwalking and a wine touring map are also must-haves.
- Booking Your Accommodation: Family-friendly accommodations in Margaret River can get booked up quickly, especially during school holidays and harvest season. Whether you’re looking for a budget stay or a luxury retreat, it’s best to book your accommodation well in advance to secure the best spots.
Hooroo from the Wineries: Conclusion
From spectacular vineyard vistas to thrilling surf breaks and lush forest trails, Margaret River truly offers an unmatched experience for the whole family. We’ve had a corker of a time exploring the region’s family-friendly accommodations, from the luxury villas and lodges to cozy beachside retreats.
So, what are you waiting for, mates? Pack your bags, round up the family, and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in the heart of Western Australia. Margaret River is calling, and it promises a world of discovery, relaxation, and heaps of fun for both the young and the young-at-heart.
And with that, we’ll sign off, leaving you dreaming of sun-drenched vineyards, playful waves, and the promise of treasured family memories. Hooroo, and we hope to see you soon in beautiful Margaret River!
Share Your Margaret River Moments: Call to Action
We’ve had a blast sharing our favourite family-friendly accommodations in Margaret River, and now we’d love to hear from you! Do you have a favourite Margaret River accommodation pick, or a memorable experience you’d like to share? Drop your stories in the comments below – we can’t wait to read them!
Feel free to share this article on your social media too. Let’s spread the word about the wonders of a family-friendly adventure in Margaret River!
Want to stay in the loop for more family travel tips and stories from Australia? Make sure you subscribe to our blog or newsletter – we’ve got loads more Aussie travel insights and suggestions to share with you. Catchya later!